|Karen Faurschou Egestad|
Egestad on her 110th birthday
|Birth:||14 September 1908|
Raasted, Midtjylland, Denmark
|Death:||16 May 2019|
Hadsten, Midtjylland, Denmark
|Age:||110 years, 244 days|
Karen Faurschou Stenz was born on 14 September 1908 in Raasted, Randers, Midtjylland, Denmark. She was born as the second of three children of Soren Stenz (1872–1957) and Vilhelmine Botilla (née Faurschou) Stenz (1883–1911). She had two relatives, Agnes Andersen (1907–?) and Johanne Stenz (1910–1911). As her mother and sister passed away in 1911, she spend her youth with her father, sister and half-sister. She never drank alcohol, she thinks it's a bad habit. In 1934, Karen moved to Hadsten.
Karen married Arne Egestad (1906–1991) on 24 October 1935 and had 6 children with him. She did gymnastics as a hobby. Together with her husband, she had a shop where they sold electronics. However, Karen did not have much of the technology. According to her, she only got a TV because her husband wanted one. During her life, she visited Sweden and Norway. Her husband passed away in 1991.
On 14 September 2018, Egestad celebrated her 110th birthday. She was visited by Nils Borring, Mayor of Favrskov Municipality. Only one of her children is still alive, a daughter. She was the second-oldest living person in Denmark, behind Karla Lindholm Jensen.
Karen Egestad died in Nursing Home Moellegaarden, Hadsten, Favrskov, Midtjylland, Denmark on 16 May 2019, at the age of 110 years, 244 days. She was the oldest Danish person not to become the doyenne of Denmark.
- Churchbook 1892 - 1926 Råsted / Page No. 78 - Born Women Danish Family Search
- Karen Faurschou Egestad (Stenz) Geni
- Familie: Arne Egestad / Karen Faurschou Stenz (F2176) Studepranger
- TV: Karen Egestad fyldte 109 år i flotteste stil Lokalavisen Favrskov, 15 September 2017
- Karen fylder 110 år: Har holdt sig fra alkohol og drenge TV2 ØSTJYLLAND, 14 September 2018
- Karen bliver 110 år gammel: Her er opskriften Newsbreak, 14 September 2018
- Karen Faurschou Egestad afdøde.dk