Jensen at the age of 104.
|Birth:||3 September 1915|
Glyvrar, Eysturoy, Faroe Islands
|Age:||105 years, 185 days|
Nikala Laurina Franciska "Kala" Jensen (née Vang; born 3 September 1915) is a Faroese centenarian who is currently the oldest living person from the Faroe Islands.
Kala Jensen was born Nicala Laurina Franciska Vang in Glyvrar, Eysturoy, Faroe Islands, on 3 September 1915. Her parents were Joen Martin Vang (1878–1954) and Sunneva Marie Vang (née Nielsen; 1881–1959). She had 8 siblings: Thomina Justinussen (1911–1994), Elsebeth K. Svanhilda Magnussen (1912–2007), Jakup Andrias Johannes Vang (1914–1980), Oluf Sedeus Vang (1916–1975), Sunneva Mathea (1919–1933), Diny Heinesen (1920–2009), Marin Cecilia Kjærbo (1922–2009), and an infant.
In 1941 she married Johannes Albin Jensen (1913–1995), and they had 6 children, including Sunneva Mathea (1943–1945), Myrna Fryborg (1945), and Magna.
On 23 December 2019, she became the oldest living person from the Faroe Islands, following the death of Malla Olsen.
Kala Jensen currently lives in the village of Sumba, on the island of Suduroy, Faroe Islands, at the age of 105 years, 185 days.
- Nikala Laurina Franciska (Kala) Jensen Geni
- Kala Jensen verður 100 ár, hósdagin 3. septembur 2015. Sumbiar Kommuna, 3 September 2015
- 102th birthday Facebook, 2 September 2017
- Mention at 104 Facebook, 26 December 2019
- 104-year-old Facebook, 12 April 2020
- Elsta fólk í Føroyum: Kala 105 ár í dag in.fo, 03.09.2020
- Kala gumman - 105 ár vp.fo, 03/09/2020
|Faroe Islands’ Oldest Living Person Titleholders (V • E)|