|Julio Cesar Mora|
Julio Cesar at age 108.
|Birth:||10 March 1910|
|Death:||22 October 2020|
|Age:||110 years, 226 days|
Julio Cesar Mora Tapia [Spanish: César] (10 March 1910 – 22 October 2020) was an Ecuadorian supercentenarian. He was the oldest known living man in Ecuador whose age is validated and, at the time of his death, one of only two living validated male supercentenarians, the other being Albano Andrade of Portugal.
Julio Cesar Mora was born in Ecuador on 10 March 1910. He met his wife Waldramina Maclovia Quinteros Reyes (born 16 October 1915) during her school vacation period, when she went to visit her sister, who lived in the same building as Julio Cesar Mora. They met through her sister's husband, who was Julio Cesar’s cousin. Seven years later, on 7 February 1941, they got married in the oldest church in Quito, La Iglesia de El Belen. It was an intimate and secret celebration because the relatives of the bride and groom did not agree with the marriage. However, they were accompanied by their godparents and closest friends. They had 5 children (including Aura Cecilia). Their first son died at the age of 58. He was a professor and teacher.
In October 2018, 4 children were still alive. Julio and Waldramina take great pride in the fact that all their children are educated, and hold college degrees.
In August 2020, his age was officially validated by Guinness World Records, and alongside his wife, he received the title of the oldest married couple, with an aggregate age of 214 years, 358 days. He also became the first validated male supercentenarian from Ecuador. At that time, they had 11 grandchildren, 21 great-grandchildren, and 9 great-great-grandchildren.
Julio Cesar Mora died in Quito, Ecuador on 22 October 2020 at the age of 110 years, 226 days.
- 108th birthday Facebook, 10 March 2018
- Mention on 17 June 2018, Facebook
- Julio y Waldramina Facebook Video, 1 October 2018
- Julio y Waldramina, una historia centenaria Periódico D'Una, 2 October 2018
- Claimed 110th birthday Facebook Post, 18 July 2019
- Ecuadorian spouses become the world's oldest married couple Guinness World Records, 25 August 2020
- La historia de amor de Julio Cesar y Waldramina: la pareja más longeva del mundo | FOTOS Y VIDEO Ojo, 26 August 2020
- Fallece en Quito el esposo de la pareja de casados más longeva del mundo, que ingresó en el Libro de Guinness Vistazo, 23 October 2020