|Juan Vicente Perez Mora|
|Birth:||27 May 1909|
El Cobre, Táchira, Venezuela
|Age:||111 years, 243 days|
Juan Vicente Pérez Mora (born 27 May 1909) is a Venezuelan supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). He is the oldest known living person from Venezuela.
Juan Vicente Perez Mora was born in El Cobre, Tachira, Venezuela, on 27 May 1909. His parents were Euquitio Perez and Edelmira Mora. In 1913, his family moved to Caserio Caricuena, San Jose de Bolivar, where they bought a farm. At the age of 4, he already had 8 brothers. While growing up, Perez Mora worked on the farm with his father and brothers. At the age of 10, he began to study, but only for a month since his teacher became ill. He learned to sign and read from a book that the teacher gave him. His brother, Miguel, lived in the nearby village of Los Paujiles, and Perez Mora started working for him. There he met Ediofina Garcia and married her in San Jose de Bolivar in 1938. After marriage, they moved to the village of Los Paujiles in the municipality of Francisco de Miranda, Tachira, where their first son was born. In next years he saved enough money and bought a farm in Caserio Caricuena, where the rest of his children were born. The couple had 6 sons and 5 daughters.
In the late 1990s, his wife died. In May 2019, he celebrated his 110th birthday, becoming the first (known) male supercentenarian from Venezuela. As of May 2020, 6 of his children were still alive, 3 sons (Ysabelino, Angel Edecio and Andronico) and 3 daughters (Mary, Elena and Nelida).
On June 18, 2020 Mr. Juan Vicente Perez Mora was interviewed by Agencia EFE as the oldest living person in Venezuela.
Perez Mora currently lives in San Jose de Bolivar, Tachira, Venezuela at the age of 111 years, 243 days.
- V Remembranza de Antaño 2016 YouTube, 4 January 2017
- January 2019 Facebook (dead link)
- 110th birthday Facebook, 27 May 2019
- 111th birthday Facebook, 27 May 2020
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VXTT45CmWw YouTube, 27 May 2020
- https://lanacionweb.com/regional/el-hombre-mas-anciano-de-venezuela-vive-en-tachira-y-cumple-111-anos/?fbclid=IwAR1pWNciEZGUtBMCQFZOiuj7eTL2yHU51n4WyAysJk9s5wRDNMJgCKkGYf4 La Nacion web, 27 May 2020
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grZUWwAqy18 Youtube, 28 May 2020
- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10158548564477299&set=gm.10158514334891873&type=3&theater&ifg=1 Fabebook, 8 June 2020
- https://efs.efeservicios.com/video/hombre-mas-viejo-venezuela-111-anos-pobreza-resiliencia/7000980934 Agencia EFE, 18 June 2020