|Birth:||2 February 1900?|
Wicyń, Tarnopol Voivodeship, Austria-Hungary (now Ukraine)
|Death:||7 December 2013|
Tursk, Lubusz Voivodeship, Poland
|Age:||113 years, 308 days?|
Jozef Kowalski (Polish: Józef; 2 February 1900? – 7 December 2013) was a Ukrainian-Polish supercentenarian and the second-to-last surviving veteran of the 1919–1921 Polish-Soviet War. His age is unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG).
Kowalski served in the 22nd Uhlan Regiment of the Polish Army. He took part in the September Campaign in World War II, and was later held in a concentration camp. On his claimed 110th birthday, he was awarded the Officer's Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta for his war service by President Lech Kaczyński, of Poland. He lived in Tursk, near Sulęcin, in a care home. On 23 February 2012 Kowalski was promoted to the rank of kapitan, and on 16 August 2012 he was nominated to become an honorary citizen of the city of Wołomin, having already become an honorary citizen of both Warsaw and Radzymin.
Kowalski died in Tursk, Lubusz Voivodeship, Poland on 7 December 2013 at the claimed age of 113 years, 308 days. After his death, Alexander Imich became both the last surviving veteran of the Polish-Soviet War and the last surviving World War 1-era veteran.
-  (in Polish)
- "Awans dla ppor. Józefa Kowalskiego - 112 letniego weterana" (in Polish). Ministry of National Defence 2012-02-23. http://www.wp.mil.pl/pl/artykul/12476. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Pan Józef ma 107 lat i czuje się znakomicie" (in Polish). Wirtualna Polska 2007-02-02. http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/wiadomosc.html?wid=8714409&ticaid=132ac. Retrieved 2010-03-30.
- "Niech żyje 200 lat!" (in Polish). Radio Zachód S.A. 2008-02-02. Archived from the original on 8 January 2009. https://web.archive.org/web/20090108003112/http://www.zachod.pl/articles/view/niech-zyje-200-lat. Retrieved 2010-03-30.
- "200 lat dla pana Józefa! Najstarszy Lubuszanin mieszka w Tursku." (in Polish). Gazeta Lubuska 2009-02-02. http://www.gazetalubuska.pl/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090202/POWIAT12/535624281. Retrieved 2010-03-30.
- "Letter on the occasion of Józef Kowalskis 110:th birthday" (in Polish). President's office, Poland. Archived from the original on April 29, 2010. https://web.archive.org/20100429030427/http://www.prezydent.pl:80/aktualnosci/wypowiedzi-prezydenta/listy/art,673,list-z-okazji-110-urodzin-jozefa-kowalskiego.html. Retrieved 2010-03-30.
- "Nowy, honorowy obywatel Wołomina" (in Polish). Wiesci.wolomin.com. 26 August 2012. http://www.wiesci.wolomin.com/?f=xml/201234.xml&p=0. Retrieved 2013-07-07.