Hocquard on her 111th birthday in March 2019.
|Birth:||29 March 1908|
London, England, UK
|Death:||24 October 2020|
Poole, Dorset, England, UK
|Age:||112 years, 209 days|
Joan Eileen Hocquard (née Reynolds; 29 March 1908 – 24 October 2020) was a British supercentenarian who was the oldest living person in the United Kingdom, a title she previously held jointly with Bob Weighton until his death on 28 May 2020. Her age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group.
Hocquard was born on 29 March 1908 in London, England, and spent some of her youth in Africa. She married Gilbert Hocquard who shared her love of sailing and travelling. He died in 1981. She currently lives in Poole, Dorset, England. She had a partner, Ken, who was 20 years her junior.
Following the death of 111 year-old Hilda Clulow on 24 December 2019, Hocquard became the oldest living female, as well as the joint-oldest living person, in the United Kingdom. She shared this title with Bob Weighton of Alton, Hampshire, England. Following Weighton's death on 28 May 2020, Hocquard became the sole titleholder.
Joan Hocquard died on 24 October 2020 in Poole, Dorset, England, UK at the age of 112 years, 209 days. After her death, 111-year-old Lilian Priest became the oldest living person in the United Kingdom.
- All Validated British Supercentenarians Oldest in Britain
- One of our favourite customers!! The inspiring Ms. Joan Hocquard... Giggi Gelateria on Facebook, 26 September 2012
- Oldest living woman in UK Joan Hocquard turns 112 Bournemouth Echo, 29 March 2020
- 112th birthday video report BBC News, 29 March 2020
- Joan Hocquard: Oldest person in Britain dies aged 112 BBC NEWS, 25 October 2020