|Birth:||24 March 1903|
South Corinth, New York, USA
|Death:||5 January 2014|
Saratoga Springs, New York, USA
|Age:||110 years, 287 days|
Jennie Pattist (née Towers; 24 March 1903 – 5 January 2014) was an American supercentenarian whose age is currently pending by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She was one of the oldest known people in the US state of New York at the time of her death.
Jennie Pattist was born in South Corinth, New York, USA on 24 March 1903. Her parents were William Towers (1862–1929) and Jennie (née Meyers) Towers (1863–1941). She had 12 siblings.
She married John Pattist in Greenfield, New York on 7 August 1923. The couple had two children: John Pattist JR. (1926–1978) and Marjorie Barton (1932–2009). John died on 3 March 1991 following 67 years of marriage.
She was employed for a few years at the Cluett-Peabody Shirt Factory in Corinth. She attended the First United Methodist Church of Corinth and was a member of a quilting club in Corinth for several years. She lived at Wesley Health Care Center.
In 2003, she got a cane - the town's Golden Cane - in honor of being the oldest resident of Corinth.
Jennie Pattist died in Saratoga Springs, New York, USA on 5 January 2014 at the age of 110 years, 287 days. She is survived by four grandchildren: Shawn Davis and her husband Bob Davis, Scott Barton, Aaron Barton and his companion Bonnie Norton and Patrick Barton; three great-grandchildren: Jessica Davis, Karstie Burgess and Timothy Barton; and many nieces, nephews and cousins.
- GRG Pending Cases List
- Town honors oldest resident Post-Star, 25 April 2003
- Birthday Preparations Post-Star, 26 March 2006
- Marjorie J. Barton Obituary Post-Star, 23 September 2009
- Corinth native marks 109 years Post-Star, 23 March 2012
- Corinth woman celebrates 110th birthday at Wesley Health Care Center Post-Star, 25 March 2013
- Jennie Pattist Obituary Legacy.com, 8 January 2014
- Jennie Pattist Find A Grave