Jeanne Chabbert in September 2015, aged 106.
|Birth:||1 August 1909|
Mazamet, Tarn, Occitanie, France
|Age:||111 years, 319 days|
Jeanne Chabbert was born on 1 August 1909 in Mazamet, Tarn, Occitanie, France. She was the daughter of Charles Durand and Marie Ilhe. She had a sister, Gabrielle (1905–1985). Her father died during World War I, and she was subsequently adopted by the nation in 1919 with her sister.
Jeanne married Michel Chabbert (born 1905) on 24 September 1934 in Mazamet. They had at least one child. She was widowed in 1985.
Since at least 2011, Chabbert lives in the nursing home Saint-Joseph, situated in Mazamet. In September 2015, she was reported to be the oldest subscriber to the newspaper "La Montagne Noire".
On 19 January 2021, Chabbert received her first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, making her one of the oldest (known) people to receive the vaccine.
Following the death of 116-year-old Jeanne Bot on 22 May 2021, Chabbert became the oldest known living person in Occitanie.
Chabbert currently lives in Mazamet, Tarn, Occitanie, France, at the age of 111 years, 288 days. She is the oldest known living person in Occitanie, and in Tarn department.
- Jeanne Marie Henriette DURAND Geneanet
- Groupe de paroles La Gazette de la Maison Saint-Joseph (n°47), 2011 (page 24)
- Et si nous parlions "solidarité" Sur le banc (n°22 - La solidarité), 2011 (pages 3 and 4)
- À 106 ans, Jeanne nous reste fidèle La Montagne Noire, 4 September 2015
- Mazamet. La maison Saint-Joseph a fêté les rois La Dépêche, 8 January 2016
- Notre liste s'étoffe (le record vacille ??) : Jeanne Chabbert nous rejoint Les Centenaires Français, 6 October 2016
- Confirmation des 108 ans de Jeanne Durand Chabbert Les Centenaires Français, 7 August 2017
- 109 ans pour Jeanne Durand Chabbert Les Centenaires Français, 8 August 2018
- Jeanne Durand Chabbert est bien devenue supercentenaire. Magnifique! Les Centenaires Français, 5 August 2019
- Et de deux ! 111 ans également pour Jeanne Durand Chabbert Les Centenaires Français, 4 August 2020
- Covid-19 : vaccinée à 111 ans, la doyenne du Tarn a donné l’exemple La Dépêche, 19 January 2021