Irma Battistella at age 109.
|Birth:||18 November 1910|
Sequals, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
|Age:||110 years, 7 days|
Irma Battistella (born 18 November 1910) is an Italian supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She is the oldest known living person in Friuli-Venezia Giulia.
Irma Battistella was born in Sequals, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy on 18 November 1910, the fourth of six siblings. Due to the World War I and family needs in 1910s, she started working as a babysitter in Mestre, Veneto. Three years later, she had accepted the job of housekeeper in Milan.
She married Antonio Tomat in 1931. After the wedding, the couple moved to Ruen, France. The couple had two children: Gottardo (aged 86 in November 2018) and Angiolino who are born in France. The couple lived in France for 35 years.
In November 2020, she celebrated her 110th birthday.
Irma Battistella currently lives in Cavasso Nuovo, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy, at the age of 110 years, 7 days.
- I 105 anni di Irma Battistella Festeggiata dal vicesindaco Messaggero Veneto, 21 November 2015
- Festeggia 108 anni la donna più anziana del Friuli occidentale Il Tirreno, 22 November 2018
- A Cavasso Nuovo 109 candeline per Irma Battistella Il Friuli, 22 November 2019
- La Spagnola, le guerre e la pandemia: buon compleanno Irma, 110 anni per la nonna del Friuli Messaggero Veneto, 17 November 2020
- Persone viventi più longeve in Italia Supercentenari d'Italia