Irene Sinclair shortly after turning 110.
|Birth:||23 September 1908|
|Death:||8 January 2020|
Stoke Newington, London, England
|Age:||111 years, 107 days|
Irene Sinclair was born in Guyana in 1908 as the fourth of five children. Her father was Donald Charles Sinclair (1880–1952). She was born into an upper-class family and in her youth enjoyed frequenting local concerts and Sunday School dances. Followed her daughter and son-in-law, she emigrated to England in 1957 at the age of 49 - settling in Hackney, London in the 1970s. In 2005, at the age of 96, she rose to prominence when she was featured as a Dove model in the "Dove Campaign for Real Beauty." She has celebrated every birthday since her 100th at the Auld Shillelagh Pub in Stoke Newington.
Her younger sister died in February 2015 aged 104.
Sinclair turned 110 in September 2018. She died in Stoke Newington, London, England on 8 January 2020 at the age of 111 years, 107 days.
- 106 year old Irene Sinclair's It's My Life Magazine Issuu, 12 November 2015
- Happy 109th Birthday Irene Hackney, 22 September 2017
- Irene Sinclair celebrates her 110th birthday in Stoke Newington with a glass of ginger wine Hackney Gazette, 27 September 2018
- Dove model and Hackney's oldest resident Irene Sinclair dies aged 111 Hackney Gazette, 9 January 2020
- Instagram tribute, 9 January 2020