|Birth:||7 April 1906?|
Arizona, United States
|Age:||114 years, 59 days?|
Eskey claims to have been born in Arizona, United States on 7 April 1906. She was born as Asha-itolo in Navajo family. Her parents were Selaiya Yazzie Begay'a (father) and Ya'Hannebah Curtis (mother).
Eskey married Mike Eskey (1896–1974) and had at least three children: Flora Elizabeth Eskey (born 1935), Harry Kieth Eskey (1937–1961) and Rose Mae Thompson. Eskey has lived on the Navajo Indian Reservation in Northern Arizona all of her life. She never had electricity or running water in her home. She is also known as “Crystal Woman”. In April 2013, a large party was held in Irene’s honor at the Navajo Reservation, north of Winslow. When asked how she lived so long and remain healthy for so long, she said “Hard work and living clean.”
Eskey currently lives in Arizona, United States at the claimed age of 114 years, 59 days.
- Family MyHeritage
- Navajo grandmother turns 107 KGUN 9, 9 April 2013
- 109 years of living a rustic life Shelbyville Times-Gazette, 26 April 2015
- claimed 111 years Facebook Post, 6 October 2017
- JCHS Wildcats celebrate Homecoming Hollywood style The Tribune, 11 October 2017
- claimed 113th birthday Facebook Post, 5 April 2019
- claimed 114th birthday Facebook Post, 6 April 2020