Castera at the age of 111.
|Birth:||7 January 1910|
|Age:||111 years, 157 days|
Irene Castera claims to have been born in Port-au-Prince, Haiti on 7 January 1910.
She married George Castera, with whom she had seven children, one of whom became the author Georges Castera (1936–2020).
In 2014, she met Pope Francis with two of her daughters.
At the time of her 111th birthday she had multiple great-grandchildren and some great-great-grandchildren and was reported by France3 to be the oldest in the French region of Alsace (now in Grand Est).
She currently lives in Strasbourg, Bas-Rhin, Grand Est, France, at the age of 111 years, 157 days.
- Irène Aubry Castera. Celle que le temps n'effraie Haïti en Marche, January 2014 (pages 7, 8 and 13)
- Dernier adieu à Georges Castera Le Nouvelliste, 29 January 2020
- My grandmother, Irène, in France, is 111 years old, today Herman Lange on Facebook, 7 January 2021
- La doyenne d’Alsace vient de fêter ses 111 ans, en bonne forme France 3 Grand Est, 14 April 2021
- À 111 ans, Irène Castera est considérée par sa famille comme la doyenne d'Alsace Les Dernières Nouvelles d'Alsace, 15 April 2021