Martial at the age of 110
|Birth:||28 June 1909|
Pliane, Le Gosier, Guadeloupe
|Age:||112 years, 81 days|
Irena Martial [French: Iréna Martial] (née Meri [French: Méri]; born 28 June 1909) is a French supercentenarian from the overseas department of Guadeloupe whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She may be the oldest known living person in Guadeloupe.
Martial was born in Pliane, Le Gosier, Guadeloupe, France, on 28 June 1909. At the age of 23, she married Eloi Martial after three years together. The couple had 10 children, six of whom are still alive as of July 2019. In December 2015, with other centenarians of the commune of Le Gosier (including her sister Leone Beziat), she was given a Christmas basket.
Following the death of Marthe Roch on 21 September 2020, Martial became the oldest known living person in Guadeloupe. She presently lives in Grande Ravine, Le Gosier, Guadeloupe, France.
- Panier de Noël aux centenaires Gran Gouzié, March 2016 (page 17)
- À 110 ans, Ti Camé a encore la langue bien pendue ! France-Antilles (Guadeloupe), 6 July 2019
- C est un jour magique mamie fête ses 111 ans aujourd’hui... Sandra Chauveau on Facebook, 28 June 2020
- 112th Birthday Ville du Gossier, Facebook, 29 June 2021
- Irèna Martial, 112 ans, une grand-mère gosierienne d’une gentillesse inégalable France-Antilles (Guadeloupe), 1 July 2021
|Guadeloupe's Oldest Living Person Titleholders (V • E)|
Mathilde Octavie Tafna • Marie Cayol • Camille Repir • Ismene Baffard • Philibert Parnasse • Ferdeline Vergelas-Tamarin • Alexandre Osseux • Germaine Jacmel • Anoncia Irma Agathe • Marthe Roch • Irena Martial