|Inah Canabarro Lucas|
Inah Canabarro on 110th birthday
|Birth:||27 May 1908|
São Francisco de Assis, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil
|Age:||113 years, 19 days|
Inah Canabarro Lucas was born in São Francisco de Assis, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil on 27 May 1908 to parents João Antonio Lucas and Mariana Canabarro Lucas. As a child, she was so skinny that many people didn't think she would live passed age seven. She is the great-granddaughter of General David Canabarro. Her father died in combat in 1923.
Inah studied at the Santa Teresa de Jesus boarding school, in Santana do Livramento. Around 1928, she moved to Montevideo, Uruguay, where she became a nun. In 1930, she returned to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to teach Portuguese and mathematics at a school in Tijuca. In the early 1940s, she moved to Santana do Livramento as a teacher.
At the age of 110, she has some mobility difficulties and has to walk with a walker. She credits her longevity to God.
On 25 January 2021, at the age 112, she received her first dose of Covid-19 vaccine, making her one of oldest people to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
She currently lives in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil, at the age of 113 years, 19 days.
- 103 anos de paixão pelo Inter. Internacional, 27 May 2011
- Freira de Porto Alegre tem 108 anos e está sempre em atividade Diário Gaúcho, 3 June 2016
- Freira gaúcha completa 110 anos Gauchazh Almanaque, 26 May 2018
- Torcedora completa 111 anos e ganha festa do Internacional diario da manha, 31 May 2019
- 112th birthday Facebook Post, 27 May 2020
- Religiosa de 112 anos recebe a primeira dose de vacina contra a covid-19 em Porto Alegre GZH, 26 January 2021