|Birth:||19 March 1907|
Ruddle, West Virginia, USA
|Death:||4 August 2019|
Turtle Creek, Pennsylvania, USA
|Age:||112 years, 138 days|
Icie Clark was born Icie Hedrick in Ruddle, West Virginia, USA, on 19 March 1907. Her parents were Fannie and John Hedrick. She had eight siblings, two of whom are still living as of 2019.
In 1943, Clark married her husband, Waldo, a patient at a hospital where she worked. They moved to Swissvale, Pennsylvania, where he worked at Union Switch and Signal. They had two children, Jean and Richard. Waldo Clark died in 1962.
There was also a history of longevity in her family: her mother lived to be 93, her sister Ina Cleta Hedrick lived to be 95, her sister Eula Kimble lived to be 96, her sister Mary Thompson lived to be 101. In addition, her niece Bonnie Mowery lived to be 90.
Icie Clark lived in a nursing home in Turtle Creek, Pennsylvania. She died on 4 August 2019 at the age of 112 years, 138 days. She is survived by two children, four grandchildren, two sisters, one sister-in-law and five great-grandchildren.
- Century Club: At 100, she continues to care for herself Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 19 March 2007
- 105 years calls for a birthday party Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 22 March 2012
- Icie Clark celebrates birthday No. 110 Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 5 April 2017
- Eula Mae Hedrick FamilySearch
- Bonnie L. Mowery (April 18, 1929 – April 25, 2019) Kimble Funeral Home