Hilda Clulow on her 110th birthday.
|Birth:||15 March 1908|
Birmingham, England, UK
|Death:||24 December 2019|
Redditch, Worcestershire, England, UK
|Age:||111 years, 284 days|
Clulow was born in Selly Park, a suburb of Birmingham, England, on 15 March 1908. She was the third of six children. At the age of 16, she started working in a factory as a dressmaker, and her friends and neighbours would supply her with dressmaking materials.
Clulow married her husband, Arthur Clulow, in 1937. and had an unreported number of children with him. The couple enjoyed riding on their tandem together and going on holiday to Blackpool and Cornwall.
Clulow retired at the age of 60. In her later years, she moved into a care home in Redditch, Worcestershire, England. She celebrated her 110th birthday in March 2018 with the staff and other residents of her care home, and the Mayor of her borough paid her a visit. At the time, she had six great-grandchildren.
Clulow became the oldest living person in the United Kingdom following the death of 112-year-old Gwen Payne on 15 October 2019. Clulow died on 24 December 2019 at the age of 111 years, 284 days. Following her death, Joan Hocquard and Bob Weighton jointly shared the title of the UK's oldest living person.
- All Validated British Supercentenarians Oldest in Britain
- Happy birthday! Super Redditch centenarian Hilda celebrates 110 years Redditch Standard, 15 March 2018
- Super Hilda celebrates 111th birthday BBC, 16 March 2019
- Redditch woman Hilda now the oldest person in Britain at 111-years-old Redditch Standard, 17 November 2019
- UK's oldest woman Hilda Clulow dies aged 111 BBC, 19 February 2020