|Birth:||6 December 1910|
Chateauneuf-sur-Charente, Charente, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
|Death:||26 February 2021|
Merignac, Gironde, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
|Age:||110 years, 82 days|
Henriette Veillon was born on 6 December 1910, in Chateauneuf-sur-Charente [French: Châteauneuf-sur-Charente], Charente, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France. She was the second child of five children. Her mother was a farmer, and her father was a factor.
On 5 August 1929, Veillon married Angel Veillon (from Chatellerault [French: Châtellerault], and born in 1905) in the village where she was born. Angel worked in rails industry. They had at least one children, James. Angel died in 1990. Her last surviving sister, Madeleine Bosseaux, died in 2016 at age 99.
Veillon is a former sewer, and loved dancing in her centenarian years. She said in April 2011, at a dancing tea: "I've always liked dancing, and it's a real happiness to attend this kind of bal". In her later years, she lived in the Résidence Médicis, in Merignac (near Bordeaux). She was the doyenne of the nursing home.
Veillon died on 26 February 2021 in Merignac, Gironde, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France, at the age of 110 years, 82 days. She was the doyenne of Gironde departement, and the sixth-oldest living person in Nouvelle-Aquitaine (after Juliette Bilde, Germaine Filet, Jeanne Deletang, Yvette Guillot and Louise Gendronneau).
- La boum des seniors Sud-Ouest, 14 April 2011
- Pre-108th birthday confirmation L’ÉCHO DE MÉDICIS (page 9), November 2018
- Les 109 ans de notre doyenne Résidence Médicis Mérignac, 18 January 2020
- Mme Veillon a eu 109 ans en décembre Les Centenaires Français, 26 January 2020
- Henriette Veillon Les Centenaires Français, 26 January 2020
- La Gironde tient sa nouvelle supercentenaire : Henriette Rousseau Veillon Les Centenaires Français, 7 December 2020
- Mme Henriette VEILLON : Décès (01 mars 2021) Sud-Ouest Sud-Ouest, 1 March 2021
- Adieu à Henriette Veillon Les Centenaires Français, 2 March 2021