|Birth:||17 August 1911|
Newark, New Jersey, USA
|Age:||110 years, 70 days|
Henrietta Dobin was born in Newark, New Jersey, United States on 17 August 1911 to Samuel and Eva Dobin, Jewish immigrants from Russian-annexed Poland. She had one older brother, Jacob. Her family moved to Brooklyn when she was 5. Throughout her life, Dobin said, she’s had many adventures. She hitchhiked to Texas to visit her boyfriend Solomon when he was in school, visited Russia once it was re-opened to American tourists and went to Israel after it reclaimed the Western Wall in 1967.
Dobin has traveled to almost every continent. She married Solomon Dobin, who died in 1990. She met Solomon in 1930. They were married for 60 years and lived in Far Rockaway, Queens, until their children, Myra and Steven, were married. They then moved to East Rockaway, where Dobin lived for 35 years. Her daughter Myra Markowitz was born in 1937.
Dobin currently lives in North Woodmere, New York. She works at a museum for 2 days a week. She lives in the Bristal Care Center for Seniors.
At the time of her 110th birthday, she was reported to be the oldest living person in Long Island, New York, USA.
- Solomon S. Dobin, Retailer, 79 New York Times, 1 December 1990
- Henrietta Dobin 107th birthday Bristal Newsday, 16 August 2018
- 107 Year Old Henrietta Dobin at The Bristal at North Woodmere Vimeo
- Today we wish Henrietta, resident of The Bristal at North Woodmere, a very happy 108th birthday! The Bristal Assisted Living on Facebook, 17 August 2019
- Happy 110th Birthday to my Grandma. Although she is not on FB I know she would enjoy the birthday wishes. Yes, you read that right, it is not a typo…110! Richard Markowitz on Facebook, 17 August 2021
- Woman believed to be oldest Long Islander celebrates 110th birthday abc7, 19 August 2021