Helen Turner on her 111th birthday
|Birth:||1 April 1907|
Barclay, Maryland, USA
|Death:||2 August 2018|
Linwood, New Jersey, USA
|Age:||111 years, 123 days|
Helen Turner was born and raised on a farm in Barclay, Maryland, USA on 1 April 1907. She attended summer schools at various universities before graduating from Columbia University in New York City. She moved to New Jersey in 1928 where she worked as a teacher for 37 years.
Turner married her husband, Arthur, in 1938, and they had two children. Arthur died in 1986. After she retired, she went travelling around the world. In her later years she enjoyed knitting and playing Bingo. Her family also created a Facebook page dedicated to her, on which they would often share updates and photos.
Turner died in a nursing home in Linwood, New Jersey, USA on 2 August 2018 at the age of 111 years, 123 days.
- Woman, 108, receives more kisses than she can count for birthday Ocean City Sentinel, 8 April 2015
- Sudlersville High's oldest graduate 109 on April 1 My Eastern Shore MD, 19 February 2016
- 109 years old and counting Ocean City Sentinel, 6 April 2016
- Linwood woman turning 110 years old on Saturday Press of Atlantic City, 31 March 2017
- Helen Graham Turner 111 Years Old and Counting Facebook
- Helen Graham Turner Obituary Press of Atlantic City