|Birth:||6 February 1903|
Casnovia Township, Michigan, USA
|Death:||25 October 2014|
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
|Age:||111 years, 261 days|
Helen Lettinga (née Smith; 6 February 1903 – 25 October 2014) was an American supercentenarian whose age is validated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). At time of her death, she was the second-oldest person in US state of Michigan.
Helen Lettinga was born in Casnovia Township, Michigan, USA on 6 February 1903. Her parents were Clarence Smith and Maude (née Carpenter) Smith. She graduated from Casnovia High School in 1921.
She married Fred Lettinga on 10 June 1925. The couple had at least two daughters Mary Doyle and Judith Crombez. She was widowed in 1985.
Helen Lettinga died in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA on 25 October 2014 at the age of 111 years, 261 days. She is survived by two daughters Mary Doyle and Judith Crombez; 10 grandchildren David Doyle, Linda Bennett, Coleen Smith, Ross Dornan, Fritz Dornan, Chris Dornan, Rene Crombez, Dale Crombez, Sean Crombez and Brent Crombez; seventeen great-grandchildren; six great-great-grandchildren; special friends, the David DeBryan family and Loren Bennett.
- Gerontology Research Group
- Grand Rapids woman turns 109, shares the secret of her long life MLive.com, 6 February 2012
- Happy 110th Birthday, 'Wiggy': Grand Rapids' super-centenarian enters record books MLive.com, 6 February 2013
- West Michigan woman turns 110 Wednesday Youtube, 6 February 2013
- Helen Lettinga Find A Grave
- Obituary Pederson Funeral Home