|Birth:||7 December 1903|
Magog, Quebec, Canada
|Death:||7 November 2016|
Sumter, Florida, USA
|Age:||112 years, 336 days|
Campbell was born in Magog, Quebec, Canada as the third child of Frederick and Sadie (née Heath) Yertaw. She had two older siblings, Nettie (born c.1895) and Harold (born c.1897). Her father, Frederick, died between 1903 and 1911.
Campbell moved to the United States at the age of 18. She married Leo Fred Campbell on 18 July 1939. The couple were living in Vermont in 1940. They had at least two children, Linda Sweet and Joanie Sutton. Her husband died young, meaning she had to raise her daughters as a single mother. She had several jobs, including working in a school cafeteria.
In her later life, Campbell moved to The Villages, Sumter, Florida. She smoked until the age of 95 and enjoyed a bourbon a day until she was 96. When she was 100, she earned a gold medal in shuffleboard in The Villages Senior Games. She continued to play shuffleboard until age 107.
Campbell died in Sumter, Florida, USA, on 7 November 2016 at the age of 112 years, 336 days.
- Obituaries / Hazel Mary Campbell Villages-News.com
- GRG World Supercentenarian Rankings List
- 1901 Canada Census of the Yertaw family FamilySearch
• 1911 Canada Census of the Yertaw family FamilySearch
- 1939 marriage certificate FamilySearch
- USPR (United States Public Records) match FamilySearch
- At home with 2 dozen centenarians The Villages Daily Sun