|Birth:||7 January 1856|
Salford, Greater Manchester, England
|Death:||10 January 1966|
Woodhouse, Sheffield, England
|Age:||110 years, 3 days|
Hannah Smith (7 January 1856 – 10 January 1966) was a validated British supercentenarian.
Hannah Smith was born in Salford, England and lived to become the oldest recognised living person in the world. Hannah Smith collapsed on her 110th birthday, and died three days later at Woodhouse, Sheffield. Smith smoked until five years before her death. Smith lived much of her life in Chesterfield and was a former dressmaking lecturer. She was listed in the 1967 Guinness World Records, and was the last recognised surviving woman documented as being born in 1856.
- Gerontology Research Group
- Billings Gazette, January 4, 1956
- Findlay Republican Courier, February 20, 1965
- Cumberland News, January 8, 1966
- Findlay Republican Courier, January 11, 1966