|Birth:||7 October 1914|
Steenkerke, West Flanders, Belgium
|Age:||106 years, 297 days|
Voet was born on 7 October 1914 in Steenkerke, West Flanders, Belgium. She was one of six children. After the First World War, her parents moved to a rebuilt farm in nearby Kaaskerke. Voet lived there until the mid-1940s, when she married her husband, Marcel Pauwels. The couple had two children: Monique and Daniel. They were married until Marcel's death in 1987.
In 1994, Voet moved to Lo-Reninge, West Flanders, Belgium, where she lived independently until the age of 101. In 2016, she moved into a nursing home in Ypres, West Flanders. In July 2017, Voet rode in a hot air balloon along with her 95-year-old brother Gerard. In July 2019, she travelled by train to Lourdes, France, recreating the journey she made on her honeymoon in 1950.
In September 2020, Voet contracted COVID-19 during the coronavirus pandemic. She became weakened, suffered from dizziness, and had a fever. She was taken to hospital and spent a short time on a respirator in the intensive care unit. Despite medical staff thinking she might not survive, Voet successfully recovered and was released from hospital on 12 October, five days after her 106th birthday.
In early 2021, Voet received her first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. In March 2021, shortly after receiving her second dose, she moved out of her nursing home and back into her own home in Lo-Reninge, West Flanders, Belgium. She lives close to her grandson and is visited regularly by her two children, three grandchildren, and six great-grandchildren.
- Godelieve Voet uit Lo viert 100ste verjaardag : "Geen zotte dingen doen" Krant van West-Vlaanderen, 8 October 2014
- 102-jarige Godelieve vaart mee met een luchtballon Krant van West-Vlaanderen, 16 July 2017
- Godelieve viert 104de verjaardag Krant van West-Vlaanderen, 11 October 2018
- Godelieve (104) herbeleeft haar huwelijksreis naar Lourdes: "Ik ben er dan nog eens uit" Krant van West-Vlaanderen, 16 July 2019
- Godelieve Voet viert 105de verjaardag: “Of ik nog wilde plannen heb? Neen, het is tijd om met pensioen te gaan” HLN, 8 October 2019
- 106-jarige Godelieve Voet overleeft corona: “Ik voel me uitstekend en ben blij dat ik nog leef” HLN, 12 October 2020
- 106-jarige Godelieve Voet overleeft covid-19 Krant van West-Vlaanderen, 12 October 2020
- NA BALLONVAART, PARASPRONG EN COVID: GODELIEVE (106) WOONT WEER ALLEEN Focus & WTV, 9 March 2021
- Vrouw van 106 jaar uit Lo-Reninge geneest van corona: "Ik had het nooit verwacht" VRT NWS, 9 March 2021