|German Cifuentes Higuera|
German Cifuentes Higuera on his 110th birthday
|Birth:||12 May 1910|
Villalar de los Comuneros, Valladolid, Spain
|Death:||3 September 2020|
Santovenia de Pisuerga, Valladolid, Spain
|Age:||110 years, 115 days|
German Cifuentes Higuera [Spanish: Germán] (12 May 1910 – 3 September 2020) was a Spanish supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). He was the second-oldest living man in Spain, behind Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia.
German Cifuentes Higuera was born in Villalar de los Comuneros, Valladolid, Spain on 12 May 1910. He had six siblings: Maria, Eusebio, Cecilio, Angela, Teodora and Valeriano.
Cifuentes Higuera worked as an agricultural. His wife died during the Civil War, three years after their wedding. The couple had one daughter: Teo Cifuentes (aged 82 in 2018). His sister Angela died at the age of 101 and his sister Maria Cifuentes Higuera (born 8 May 1915) is still alive at the age of 106 years, 39 days.
Cifuentes Higuera died on 3 September 2020 in Santovenia de Pisuerga, Valladolid, Spain, at the age of 111 years, 35 days.
- 100 años de recuerdos Noticias El Día de Valladolid, 3 October 2018
- Los 109 años de Germán: Soy joven, pero antes lo fui más El Norte de Castilla, 1 April 2020
- 110th Birthday Confirmation Facebook, 12 May 2020
- Los 110 años de Germán: ¡Ay madre, pero dónde voy yo tan mayor! El Norte de Castilla, 12 May 2020
- Muere a los 110 años Germán Cifuentes, uno de los vecinos más longevos de Valladolid El Norte de Castilla, 3 September 2020