Gabrielle Sous on her 110th birthday.
|Birth:||26 June 1909|
Souprosse, Landes, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
|Death:||16 July 2019|
Tartas, Landes, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
|Age:||110 years, 20 days|
Gabrielle Cazenave was born in Souprosse, Landes, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France on 26 June 1909. She was born into a family of sharecroppers. Both of Cazenave’s parents lived into their 90s, and one of her sisters died at 104. Cazenave’s youngest sister, Suzanne, was still alive in 2018 at the age of 94.
Cazenave married Henri Sous, a cattle merchant. They had two daughters, and lived on a farm in Carcares-Sainte-Croix. Henri, age 56, died in a train accident in 1965, leaving Sous a widow.
Sous moved into a retirement home in Tartas at the age of 99. She survived a fractured femur in February 2016, and became a supercentenarian in June 2019.
Sous died in Tartas, Landes, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France on 16 July 2019 at the age of 110 years, 20 days.
- La doyenne a eu 104 ans Sud Ouest, 17 August 2013
- Tartas : Hermance Sous est entrée dans sa 109e année Sud Ouest, 4 July 2017
- Les 109 ans d’Hermance par la photo Sud Ouest, 27 June 2018
- Les 110 ans d’Hermance Sous Sud Ouest, 27 June 2019
- Hermance Sous, la doyenne des Landais, vient de fêter ses 110 ans Sud Ouest, 28 June 2019
- La doyenne des Landais s’est éteinte peu après avoir fêté ses 110 ans Sud Ouest, 18 July 2019