|Birth:||22 August 1907|
|Death:||21 January 2018|
|Age:||110 years, 152 days|
Filiberto was born on 22 August 1907 in Dzidzantun, Yucatan to Dionisia Puc Naal. At the age of 14, he met a man named Mr. Avila who taught him “corte de penca” (to harvest the plant of henequen), a job that he performed for a long time.
He married Maximina May on 8 October 1927. Couple had ten children (two deceased): Miguel, Paula, Denise, Teodora, Ismael, Guadalupe, Elda and Angela. All of his life he worked in the field alternating the activities of the cultivation of henequen and of vegetables.
His mother died in 1971 at the age of 100 (claimed 104).
His wife passed away in 1970s. Even in his 100s, he was able to ride a bicycle. He claimed that there is no secret for his longevity: "There are no formulas, it is about having a simple life, work, eat well, sleep well, not drink liquor, brandy, or those things, and much less smoking". Filiberto was a grandfather of politician Cornelio Aguilar Puc. On his 107th birthday, he had eight living children, 40 grandchildren and over 100 great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
Puc died in Dzidzantun, Yucatan, on 21 January 2018 at the age of 110 years, 152 days. He lived with his granddaughter Nilvia Cortes Puc.
- Dionicia Puc Naal FamilySearch
- la madre de mi Papito que Dios la llamo a su presencia a los 104 años Maria De Los Angeles Puc May (Facebook), 21 August 2014
- Filiberto, el “Matusalén” de Dzidzantún: tiene ¡108 años!
- Sonreír y ser feliz, recomendación de un anciano de 107 años
- Longevo yucateco llega a sus 110 años gracias al huevo abotonado y el Chocomilk
- Filiberto Puc muere a los 110 anos Alchile, 22 January 2018