Eudora Caberia in June 2017, aged 100.
|Birth:||10 March 1917|
Cayenne, French Guiana
|Death:||22 March 2021|
Cayenne, French Guiana
|Age:||104 years, 12 days|
Eudora Caberia [French: Eudora Cabéria] (10 March 1917 – 22 March 2021) was a French Guianese centenarian who was the oldest known living person in French Guiana at the time of her death.
Eudora Caberia was born in Cayenne, French Guiana on 4 March 1917. She sang with her three brothers, Eudomir, Maurice, and Gaetan, who played music. She has demonstrated in the F.C.G. (Femina Club Guyanais).
Caberia also had responsabilites in the Eclaireurs de France (a scoutism group) : she framed the first holiday colonies, and was one of the first Guianese women to play drums in this scoutism group, then in the symphonic orchestra of Cayenne. Her favorite instrument was battery, but she also has played flute, mandoline and saxophone.
Caberia loves art, and wrote sketches, staged ballet scenes, painted pictures, and made things with wood, cloth and shells. With Albany Caberia, she wrote a very famous song in French Guiana : "Me mo tou cho".
In 2000, she tell the story of her great-great-great-grandmother Minerve "Man Yon", who was 14 at the time of slavery's abolition in French Guiana. Her family claimed that Man Yon could have been between 105 and 115 years old at the time of her death, but that she lost her papers at the town hall.
Caberia lived in EHPAD Ebene in her later years. Her brother Eudomir Caberia died in 2017, aged 93. In March 2020, Caberia celebrated her 103th birthday. Following the death of Theophilia Lehacaut on 18 January 2021, she became the oldest known living person in French Guiana.
Eudora Caberia died in Cayenne, French Guiana on 22 March 2021 at the age of 104 years, 12 days. Following her death, then 103-year-old Eugene Simoneau (born 25 April 1917) of Cayenne became the oldest known living person in French Guiana.
- Eudora Cabéria La Guyane et les Pages de Rédris
- Eudora Cabéria Geneanet
- L'auteur de "Me mo tou cho" Eudora Cabéria fête ses 99 printemps... Guyane La 1ère, 10 March 2016
- Deux cents ans nous contemplent France-Guyane, 15 March 2017
- MUSIQUE : L'auteur, compositeur du titre "Mé mo tou cho", Eudora CABÉRIA (100 ans) signe aujourd'hui des droits d'auteur auprès de la Sacem pour son œuvre Radio Péyi on Facebook, 22 June 2017
- Disparition d’Eudomir Cabéria – Réaction du Président Collectivité territoriale de Guyane, c.July 2017
- Hommage : 103 ans Eudoria Cabéria la doyenne des musiciens Youtube (Guyane La 1ère), 11 March 2020
- 104th birthday confirmation Les Centenaires Français
- Liste complémentaire de doyens départementaux Les Centenaires Français
- Eudora Cabéria, auteur du célèbre « Mé mo tou cho », nous a quittés à 104 ans France-Guyane, 22 March 2021
|French Guiana's Oldest Living Person Titleholders (V • E)|