|Birth:||14 April 1908|
|Age:||113 years, 63 days|
Erna Zahn (nee Miller; born 14 April 1908) is an American supercentenarian who is the oldest known person living in the U.S. state of Minnesota. Her age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group.
Erna Zahn was born in Winnebago County, Wisconsin on 14 April 1908 to Henry and Olga (Kloehn) Miller. She had one older brother, Herbert and two younger sisters, Adeline and Marjorie. As a young girl, she enjoyed horseback riding, often on Sunday afternoons, and sewing and swimming. Some of her favorite historical moments she’s had include riding in the rumble seat of a car from home to Mount Rushmore, while it was still under construction. She married Meilahn Zahn in 1935. He was head of the Martin Luther College music department from 1962 to 1975. The couple had six children. Her husband died in 1982.
Longevity runs in her family. Her mother died at 95 and both her sisters died at 97.
Zahn currently lives at Oak Hills Living Center in New Ulm, Minnesota. She became the oldest known person living in Minnesota following the death of 112 year-old Evelyn Kleine on 7 December 2019. On 13 June 2021, at the age of 113 years, 60 days, Zahn surpassed the age of Bertha Harris to become the oldest person born in the state of Wisconsin, although her age has not been validated by GRG.
- Zahn becomes a super centenarian
- 111-year-old Celebrates Birthday With Four-Legged Friends KEYC, 14 April 2019
- Zahn believed to be Minnesota’s most senior resident The Journal, 21 December 2019
- 111 years of wisdom: New Ulm woman believed to be oldest Minnesota resident Mankato Free Press, 22 January 2020
- Minnesota’s most senior citizen turns 113 The Journal, 12 April 2021