McCool (right) with her son-in-law, Pat.
|Birth:||13 December 1909|
St. Joseph Island, Ontario, Canada
|Death:||11 March 2021|
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
|Age:||111 years, 88 days|
McCool was born on 13 December 1909. She lived on St. Joseph Island, Ontario until she was 20 years old. She moved to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. In 1938, she married George Cahoon. They had one daughter, Patricia Allan (1940–2012). In 1950, she divorced. In the 1960's, she remarried to Loren McCool. She worked in a variety of grocery stores as well as a proofreader for the Sault Star, also working as a candy striper at the Sault hospital.
At the age of 101, she came to reside at the assisted living building (Kotitalo) at the Ontario Finnish Resthome. At the age of 107, in June 2016, McCool transitioned into 24-hour nursing home care at Mauno Kaihla Koti.
McCool died in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada on 11 March 2021 at the age of 111 years, 88 days.
- Patricia Allan's obituary Your Life Moments, 13 January 2012
- Former Candy Striper celebrates her 110th birthday SooToday.com, 14 December 2019
- Taking Time With Tara Celebrating Emily McCool's 111th Birthday YouTube, 12 December 2020
- Finnish Resthome’s oldest resident dies at 111 SooToday.com, 12 March 2021
- McCOOL, Emily Elizabeth Sault Online, 12 March 2021