|Birth:||7 January 1906|
Skoerping, Nordjylland, Denmark
|Death:||22 July 2017|
Stavtrup, Midtjylland, Denmark
|Age:||111 years, 196 days|
Ellen Adelaide Rasmussen was born in Skoerping, Nordjylland, Denmark, on 7 January 1906. She was called Adelaide as a child, named after her grandmother, who died in 1904. Her father was a watchmaker. When he got a job as a foreman at a large watchmaker and royal court, the family moved to Copenhagen. Her mother lived to the advanced age of 98 years and her oldest sister Ragnhild (1899–2002) to 102 years of age. In 1929, Ellen Brandenborg migrated to Montreal, Canada. There, she met her future husband Carl Brandenborg who worked as an engineer and a sailor. The couple had 4 children. The family returned to Denmark in 1936 and lived in Brabrand. After her husband's death in 1982, Ellen Brandenborg moved in an apartment in Kloeverparken.
She stated that healthy food and joy of life is the recipe for a long life.
Ellen Brandenborg died in Stavtrup, Aarhus, Midtjylland, Denmark on 22 July 2017 at the age of 111 years, 196 days.
- Churchbook 1897-1912 Skørping/Page No. 110 - Born Women 1906 Danish Family Search
- Family of Ellen Adelaide Brandenborg
- Ellen er Danmarks næstældste: Hold fast i alt det gode og lad det andet fare Kristeligt Dagblad, 7 January 2016 (Archived)
- Født under Christian IX: 110 år med livslysten i behold Århus Stiftstidende, 7 January 2016
- Ellen Adelaide Brandenborg 2017 aarhusianere, Aarhus Stadsarkiv, 26 October 2016
- Danmarks ældste fylder 111 år Århus Stiftstidende, 7 January 2017
- 111-årige Ellen oplevede Titanics forlis: De siger jeg er enestående Ekstra Bladet, 7 January 2017
- Ellen Brandenborg, 111, longevity recordholder in Denmark, passes away GRG News for 2017