|Birth:||4 January 1900|
|Death:||21 September 2012|
Washington, D.C., USA
|Age:||112 years, 261 days|
Eddye L. Williams (4 January 1900 – 21 September 2012) was an American supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). If validated, she would be the oldest person ever to be born in Florida.
Eddye Williams was born in Florida, USA on 4 January 1900. She was a nurse for 53 years. She also sewed and decorated hats until she was 89. She had one daughter, Edythe Williams-Simmons (aged 85) and one step-granddaughter Janice Simmons. In her 108th birthday, she had eight grandchildren (including Darlene Williams (aged 51 in 2009)), 21 great-grandchildren (including Tyshida Williams (aged 18 in 2009)) and six great-great-grandchildren (including J'da Gaskins (aged 0 in 2009)). She had lost some of her hearing. She said the secret to her long life is knowing what she likes to do and then doing it.
Eddye Williams died in Washington, D.C., USA on 21 September 2012 at the age of 112 years, 261 days. At the time of death, she was the oldest known living person in District of Columbia, USA.
- At 108, 'It's a Beautiful Life' Washington Post
- District's oldest resident reflects on 109 years of living Washington Post
- At 110, D.C.'s oldest resident offers tips for a happy life Washington Post
- DC Woman Celebrates 110th Birthday NBC4 Washington
- Happy 110th Birthday Eddye Williams!!! We Love DC
- D.C.’s Oldest Resident Dies NBC4 Washington
- Obituary Tributes.com