Dragoljub on his 108th birthday
|Birth:||12 October 1909|
Golesi, Austria-Hungary (now Bosnia and Herzegovina)
|Death:||26 August 2018|
Golesi, Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Age:||108 years, 318 days|
Dragoljub Galic was born in Golesi near Banja Luka, Austria-Hungary (now Bosnia and Herzegovina), on 12 October 1909. He married at the time of Kingdom of Yugoslavia. For the most part of his life, Dragoljub was engaged in agriculture and physical affairs. At the time of World War II, he fought against Independent State of Croatia (NDH) as Draza Mihajlovic's Chetnik as well as Josip Broz-Tito's partisan (for 15 days).
Galic was married for 75 years until his wife Milja died in 2005 at the age of 95. The couple had 7 children. Dragoljub Galic stopped drinking and smoking about 40 years before his 108th birthday.
Until the age of 106, he was able to help his son in grass cutting. In January 2012, he had a pacemaker successfully installed. He was the third oldest person to have undergone such operation.
At the time of his 108th birthday, he had two living children, daughter Krsta (aged 85) and son Damjan (aged 72). He also had 11 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren. He lived with his daughter-in-law Jelka and son Damjan.
Galic died in the village of Golesi, Republika Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina on 26 August 2018 at the age of 108 years, 318 days.
- Dragoljub Galić iz Goleša proslavio 108. rođendan
- OVAJ ČOVJEK PROSLAVIO 108. ROĐENDAN: Dragoljub i unuku ispratio u penziju!
- TRI RATA PREŽIVIO STARINA SA ZMIJANJA
- Dragoljub Galić zdrav u 104. godini i sa elektrostimulatorom srca
- Umro najstariji stanovnik Republike Srpske: Deda Dragoljub je imao 109 godina, 33 potomka, neke je i nadživeo! Evo šta je govorio o svom doktoru (video) Naslovi, 26 August 2018
|Bosnia and Herzegovina's Oldest Living Person Titleholders (V • E)|