|Birth:||26 October 1893|
Thames Ditton, Surrey, England, UK
|Death:||21 January 2005|
Rugby, Warwickshire, England, UK
|Age:||111 years, 87 days|
Prater was born on 26 October 1893 in Thames Ditton, Surrey, England. Her family moved to Rugby, Warwickshire when she was four. She left school at the age of 14 and took a job looking after her former headteacher's children. She then moved to Leicester, Leicestershire, to become a cook, but returned to Rugby to look after her mother. She then got a job in a lamp factory.
Prater was married and widowed three times. She had two children, Phyllis and Albert. She spent some time living in London, but after her third husband's death in 1976, she once again returned to Rugby to live with her daughter and son-in-law.
Prater suffered a stroke when she was about 109. At the time of her 111th birthday in 2004, she had two grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. She died in Rugby on 21 January 2005 at the age of 111 years, 87 days.
- Table B - Verified Supercentenarians (Ranked By Age) Gerontology Research Group
- All Validated British Supercentenarians Oldest in Britain
- Doris gets ready for 110th birthday Coventry Telegraph, 25 October 2003
- Fun for Doris on her 111th birthday Coventry Telegraph, 4 November 2004
- Doris dies aged 111 Coventry Telegraph, 24 January 2005