|Birth:||24 May 1909?|
Fort Motte, Calhoun County, South Carolina, USA
|Death:||12 January 2018|
Columbia, South Carolina, USA
|Age:||108 years, 233 days?|
Donella Roberta Wilson (née Brown; 24 May 1909? – 12 January 2018) was a American centenarian.
Donella Wilson claimed to have been born in the Peterkin Plantation, Fort Motte, Calhoun County, South Carolina on 24 May 1909, although the US Public Records document suggests she was born in 1913.
Her parents were Henry Brown and Minnie Bryant Brown Logan. She had one sister Mary Ellen Logan Heyward. Her parents, grandparents and great-grandparents were former slaves.
She married Reverend John R. Wilson, Sr, who died in 1998, after 66 years of marriage. The couple had four children.
In 1933, Donella earned her teaching credentials from Allen University; and when she retired in 1971. She voted in every local, state, and national election since 1947.
Donella Wilson died in Columbia, South Carolina, USA on 12 January 2018 at the claimed age of 108 years, 233 days. She is survived by four children, four grandchildren, two great-granddaughters, many nieces, nephews and cousins.
- Donella Brown Wilson South Carolina African American History Calendar
- 107 years Facebook
- US elections 2016: 107-year-old Donella Wilson, daughter of slaves, says she's looking forward to first woman president IBTimes India
- One of the Divine 9's Oldest Living Members Just Turned 108 Watch The Yard
- Donella Wilson, 108-Year-Old Pillar of Midlands Community, Dies WLTX.com
- Obituary Bostick Tompkins Funeral Home
- Obituary Legacy.com
- Funeral for 108-year-old SC woman Donella Wilson set for Friday WIS