|Birth:||16 June 1914|
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
|Age:||107 years, 5 days|
Colette Maze (née Saulnier; born 16 June 1914) is a French centenarian who is one of the oldest recording pianists in the world.
Colette Maze was born in Paris, Ile-de-France, France on 16 June 1914. Her father was the manager of a fertilizer plant and Maze was educated at home until she was a teenager. She studied at the Ecole Normale de Musique de Paris when she was 15. Her teachers were Alfred Cortot and Nadia Boulanger. Maze worked as a piano teacher. She has released a number of classical records, beginning in 1998. Her fourth was in 2017, and was dedicated to Claude Debussy. On 10 February 2021, at the age of 106 years, she announced a sixth album. She is the mother of film director Fabrice Maze (born 1949).
- Colette Maze pianiste centenaire Facebook
- Maze, Colette BnF
- Colette Maze, la pianiste de 104 ans qui rajeunit Debussy, 3 April 2018
- 4e DISQUE A 103 ANS : LA LECON DE JEUNESSE DE COLETTE MAZE Radio Classique, 17 April 2018
- The 103-year-old pianist BBC News, 1 July 2018
- 106-year-old French woman passing time in lockdown playing piano RTE, 5 February 2021
- 'Food for the spirit': French 106-year-old pianist to release sixth album Reuters, 5 February 2021
- Colette Maze, 106 ans, va vous montrer qu'il n'y pas d'âge pour le piano HuffPost, 5 February 2021
- À bientôt 107 ans, Colette Maze sort son 6e album de piano Neo (Facebook), 14 May 2021
- Merci à tous pour vos gentils vœux d’anniversaire qui me touchent Colette Maze pianiste centenaire (Facebook), 16 June 2021