|Birth:||24 July 1899|
West Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
|Death:||3 January 2015|
Cheshire, Massachusetts, USA
|Age:||115 years, 163 days|
Bernice Marina "Bennie" Madigan (née Emerson; 24 July 1899 – 3 January 2015) was an American supercentenarian whose age is validated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). At the time of her death, she was the fifth-oldest living person in the world. She was also one of the last surviving validated people, who were born before 1900. She's the oldest person ever from Massachusetts, living to the age of 115 years, 163 days and currently ranks the 36th oldest person ever. She is also the first, and currently the only supercentenarian from Massachusetts, to reach the ages of 114 and 115.
Bernice Marina Emerson was born in West Springfield, Massachusetts, USA on 24 July 1899, the daughter of Harry and Grace Bennett Emerson. In 1918 she moved to Washington, District of Columbia. She married Paul H. Madigan in Washington D.C. 10 September 1925. The couple had no children. Bernice and her husband then moved to Maryland. She was widowed in 1976 and returned to Massachusetts in 2007.
Madigan died in Cheshire, Massachusetts, USA on 3 January 2015 at the age of 115 years, 163 days.
- Gerontology Research Group
- The Gazette, August 2, 2006
- Bernice Madigan turns 109, Youtube. July 28 2008
- NorthAdams.com, July 30, 2008
- iBerkshires.com, July 26, 2009
- iBerkshires.com, July 25, 2010
- iBerkshires.com, July 25, 2011
- iBerkshires.com, July 23, 2012
- iBerkshires.com, July 23, 2013
- iBerkshires.com, July 27, 2014
- iBerkshires.com, January 3, 2015
- Berkshire Eagle, January 7, 2015
- Mrs Bernice Marina “Aunt Bennie” Emerson Madigan Find a Grave