|Antonia da Santa Cruz|
Antonia Santa Cruz at age 114
|Birth:||13 June 1905|
|Age:||116 years, 50 days|
Antonia da Santa Cruz (born 13 June 1905) is a Brazilian supercentenarian whose age has been validated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG) on 4 February 2021. She is the second-oldest validated living person in Brazil, behind Francisca Celsa dos Santos, and the fourth-oldest validated living person in the world.
Cruz is the last known surviving, validated person born in 1905.
Antonia da Santa Cruz was born on a farm that then belonged to Queimadas, near Santaluz, Bahia, Brazil, on 13 June 1905. Her parents were Francisco Pereira de Santa’Anna and Anna Maria de Jesus. She was born on the feast day of Saint Anthony, which is why her parents named her Antonia. She had 11 children. She also adopted her nephew, Jose Luiz Medrado (aged 64 in December 2019).
In 2017, she had 68 grandchildren, 110 great-grandchildren and 35 great-great-grandchildren. In December 2019, she had a 104-year-old sister living in Rio de Janeiro.
On 18 February 2021 at age 115, she received a first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, making her the oldest (known) person to receive the vaccine.
Antonia da Santa Cruz currently lives with her 81-year-old daughter, Maria Medrado in Salgadalia, Conceicao do Coite, Bahia, Brazil, at the age of 116 years, 50 days.
- 110 birthday Facebook Post, 14 June 2015
- salgadense-completa-112-anos salgadalia, 14 June 2017
- 113 years mention Facebook Post, 23 June 2018
- Uma das mulheres mais velhas do Brasil reside em Coité, você sabia? Calila Noticias, 27 December 2019
- 115 birthday Facebook Post#1, 13 June 2020
- 115 birthday Facebook Post#2, 13 June 2020
- Salgadália – Dona Antônia Santa Cruz completa 115 anos. Ela tem cuidados redobrados (Vídeo) Calila Noticias, 13 June 2020
- Mulher com 115 anos recebe primeira dose da vacina contra a Covid-19 em Conceição do Coité Informa Bahia, 18 February 2021
- Considerada a 2ª pessoa mais velha do Brasil, baiana de Coité completa 116 anos Voz do Campo, 13 June 2021