|Birth:||14 January 1912|
Kharpert, Ottoman Empire (present-day Turkey)
|Death:||15 November 2020|
Fresno, California, USA
|Age:||108 years, 306 days|
Anne Rebecca Hanessian (14 January 1912 – 15 November 2020) was a Turkish-born American centenarian who was the oldest known person born in present-day Turkey at time of her death.
Anne Hanessian was born in Kharpert, Ottoman Empire (present-day Turkey) on 14 January 1912. Her parents were George and Margaret Konjoyan. She had one sister Rose Koligian (1914–2012) and two brothers Haig Konjoyan (1917–2011) and Martin Konjoyan (1923–2016).
At 3 months old, Anne and her parents moved to the United States. They settled in Somerville, Massachusetts before making their way West to Detroit and later moved Reedley, California where Anne graduated high school. While working as a beautician she met her husband Pierre Hanessian who owned a hair salon in Los Angeles. The couple had one son: Jack. She later opened a children's clothing store in Encino, Los Angeles, California and resided there for many years before before moving to Fresno.
Anne Hanessian died at her home in Fresno, California, USA on 15 November 2020 at the age of 108 years, 306 days. She was survived by her son Jack and his wife Debbie and their children, Della and Beth and their children, her niece Carole Chooljian and great-nephew Joel Mazmanian and many other nieces and nephews.
- Naturalization Index FamilySearch
- United States Public Record FamilySearch
- Haig Konjoyan Obituary (1917 - 2011) Legacy.com
- Haig George Konjoyan Find A Grave
- Haig G. Konjoyan BillionGraves
- Martin Konjoyan Obituary (1923 - 2016) Legacy.com
- Rose Koligian Obituary (1914 - 2012) Legacy.com
- Rose Koligian Find A Grave
- Mrs Anne Rebecca Hanessian Obituary Jay Chapel Directors
- Anne Rebecca Hanessian Find A Grave