Anna Garrett on her 109th birthday
|Birth:||26 July 1908|
Sparta, Georgia, USA
|Age:||112 years, 94 days|
Anna Garrett (née Byrdsong; born 26 July 1908) is an American supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She is the oldest known living person in Indiana.
Anna Byrdsong was born in Sparta, Georgia on 26 July 1908. Her parents were Ashely Brydsong/Byrdsong and Elise Stanley. She had 15 siblings. She moved to Indianapolis, Indiana in 1922. She married James Garrett (born 1910) in 1931 and had two children. She was widowed in 1993.
On her 108th birthday, Garrett had seven grandchildren, four great-grandchildren, and one great-great grandchild. She also had one living sister, Gertrina Ellerson (born 1924), and many nieces and nephews and other relatives.
Garrett became the oldest known living person in Indiana on 22 October 2019, aged 111, following the death of 111-year-old Lester Townsend.
Anna Garrett currently lives in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Anna E Brydsong Geni
- Smart Matches™ (5) MyHeritage - born 26 July 1912
- Anna Garrett in the 1940 Census supports 1912
- But both the Census, 1910 and Census, 1920 supports 1908.
- Helen A. Taylor Obituary Legacy.com
- William S. Byrdsong Obituary Legacy.com
- Indiana woman celebrates 108th birthday WISHTV.com, 26 July 2016
- 109th birthday Facebook Post, 30 July 2017
- 110th birthday Facebook Post, 30 July 2018
- 111th birthday Facebook Post, 31 July 2019
- Woman celebrates 112th birthday, becomes oldest living person in Indiana, family says FOX59, 26 July 2020