Amalia Arvanetes with her grandson Demetrios Arvanetes.
|Birth:||6 February 1903?|
Anthochori, Arcadia, Greece
|Death:||20 March 2016|
Orland Park, Illinois, USA
|Age:||113 years, 43 days?|
Amalia Arvanetes (6 February 1903? – 20 March 2016) was a Greek-American supercentenarian claimant whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She may have been one of the oldest living Greek-born people at the time of her death.
Amalia Arvanetes claimed to be born in Anthochori, Arcadia, Greece on 6 February 1903. She had four brothers and one sister (all deceased). She married Demetrios Arvanetes (1888–1961). She had six children: Ioanna Stavrianos (1929–2012), Ifigenia Sgouros (1937–2018), Katina Arvanetes (deceased), John Arvanetes, Vasiliki Kotsogiannis and Nicki Papanikolaou. She emigrated with her family to New York, USA in 1952.
Amalia Arvanetes died in Orland Park, Illinois, USA on 20 March 2016 at the claimed age of 113 years, 43 days. She is survived by four children: John Arvanetes, Vasiliki Kotsogiannis, Ifigenia "Jane" Sgouros and Nicki Papanikolaou. She also leaves behind eleven grandchildren and 27 great-grandchildren.
- Amalia Arvanetes Find A Grave
- Ioanna Jane Stavrianos Obituary Legacy.com, 21 March 2012
- Death Confirmation Facebook Post, 20 March 2016
- Amalia Arvanetes Obituary Dignity Memorial, 20 March 2016
- Amalia Arvanetes Obituary Legacy.com, 21 March 2016
- Ifigenia "Jean" Sgouros Obituary Whitney Murphy Funeral Home, 23 March 2018