Alimihan Seyiti on her claimed 135th birthday in 2021.
|Birth:||25 June 1886?|
Qing dynasty (now China)
|Age:||135 years, 122 days?|
Alimihan Seyiti [Chinese: 阿丽米罕·色依提] (born 25 June 1886?) is China's "oldest living claimant".
Alimihan Seyiti was of Uyghur ethnicity. She lived in the Chinese city of Kashgar, near the border with Kyrgyzstan. On 15 August 2013, the Xinjiang Daily reported that she was born on 25 June 1886, which, if true, would make her the oldest person in recorded history.
In June 2021, Seyiti celebrated her claimed 135th birthday.
Alimihan Seyiti currently lives in Xinjiang, China, at the claimed age of 135 years, 122 days.
Seyiti attributed longevity to dressing herself up. She said that she had never been to hospital. She still did chores like feeding chickens.
Chinese birth records before and into the 20th century are generally unreliable, however, so substantiating her claim has been impossible.
- Chinese woman who claims to be 127 would be oldest person ever to have lived South China Morning Post, 16 August 2013
- Doubts over '127-year-old' Chinese woman The Telegraph, 27 August 2013
- 中国老年学学会公布第七届中国十大寿星排行结果的公告 Gerontological Society of China, 29 October 2014 (Archived)
- Manusia Tertua di Dunia, Almihan Seyiti Baru Saja Rayakan Ulang Tahun ke-134 Tribun Jogja, 26 June 2020
- Almihan Seyiti merayakan ulang tahunnya yang ke-135 China, 28 June 2021