Alice Fischer at 110.
|Birth:||23 December 1905|
Manchester, New Hampshire, USA
|Death:||26 January 2016|
Walpole, Massachusetts, USA
|Age:||110 years, 34 days|
Alice Ivonne Fischer (née Bourassa; formerly Whitcomb; 23 December 1905 – 26 January 2016) was an American supercentenarian who is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). At time of her death, she was the oldest known person in the US state of Massachusetts.
Alice Fischer was born in Manchester, New Hampshire, USA on 23 December 1905. Her parents were William Bourassa and Virginie (née Roux) Breault. Her father died in 1914 and her mother remarried Francois Breault in 1916.
At the age of 18, she married LeRoy Whitcomb Sr. and had one son LeRoy Whitcomb Jr. (born 8 November 1924 – 23 Jan 1986). She was widowed in 1960. She married George Fischer in Norwood, Norfolk, Massachusetts on 29 June 1975.
She worked at Betro's Pharmacy for years as a bookkeeper and retired at about 85. She was a member of the United Church of Walpole. She lived at Harrington House.
Alice Fischer died in Walpole, Massachusetts, USA on 26 January 2016 at the age of 110 years, 34 days.
- Alice Whitcomb enjoying life at 105 years old Wicked Local, 27 January 2011
- 108th birthday celebrated at Walpole 'Santa for Seniors' party Wicked Local Walpole, 6 January 2014
- Meeting Alice at age 108 The Boston Globe, 20 February 2014
- Walpole's 109-year-old birthday girl Wicked Local Walpole, 4 January 2015
- 110th birthday Twitter Post#1, 23 December 2015
- 110th birthday Twitter Post#2, 23 December 2015
- Obituary Tributes.com
- Alice Fischer Find A Grave