|Alexina St-Pierre Loyer|
St-Pierre Loyer at the age of 109
|Birth:||21 November 1907|
Rimouski, Quebec, Canada
|Death:||22 May 2020|
Joliette, Quebec, Canada
|Age:||112 years, 183 days|
Alexina St-Pierre Loyer was born on 21 November 1907 in Rimouski, Quebec, Canada. She was born in to a farming family, and had 16 siblings, all of whom she outlived except for one brother, Raymond. She grew up near Bic National Park in Bas-Saint-Laurent, Quebec.
St-Pierre Loyer worked as a teacher for 41 years, firstly in Bas-Saint-Laurent before moving to Greater Montreal, Quebec in the 1940s. In 1949, she married Lucien Loyer. The couple had no children, and were married until Lucien's death in either 1999 or 2004 (sources differ).
After her husband's death, St-Pierre Loyer moved to Pointe-aux-Trembles, Quebec to be near her sister, Berthille. She lived in a retirement home, and from 2010 onward she benefitted from a program that allowed her to live in her apartment rent-free. In November 2017, she celebrated her 110th birthday and received a certificate from the Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau.
St-Pierre Loyer died of complications associated with COVID-19 in Joliette, Quebec, Canada on 22 May 2020 at the age of 112 years, 183 days. She reportedly remained lucid until her final two weeks. At 112, she was one of the oldest known victims of the coronavirus pandemic.
- 107e anniversaire d’une résidente de Pointe-aux-Trembles Métro, 5 December 2014
- Une résidente de Pointe-aux-Trembles a fêté ses 109 ans! Vivre en Residénce, 10 February 2017
- Son message à presque 110 ans: «aimez-vous les uns et les autres» Métro, 7 November 2017
- Une super-centenaire aux Résidences Soleil! Vivre en Residénce, 9 November 2017
- Mme St-Pierre Loyer célébrera son 111e anniversaire de naissance! Les Résidences Soleil, 2018
- Alexina St-Pierre Loyer, emportée par la Covid-19 à 112 ans Mon Joliette, 28 May 2020
- Fauchée par la COVID-19 à 112 ans Le Journal de Montréal, 28 May 2020
- Alexina St-Pierre Loyer Obituary L'Action