Alberto Andrade in 2019.
|Birth:||2 December 1911|
Sao Miguel de Souto, Santa Maria da Feira, Aveiro, Portugal
|Age:||109 years, 50 days|
Alberto Andrade (born 2 December 1911) is a Portuguese centenarian who, together with his older brother Albano Andrade, is notable for being one of the oldest living pair of brothers in the world validated by Guinness World Records. He is also the second oldest living man in Portugal, only to his brother.
Alberto Andrade was born in Sao Miguel de Souto, Santa Maria da Feira, Aveiro, Portugal on 2 December 1911. His older brother Albano was born on 14 December 1909.
At the age of 48, he married Palmira Andrade (aged 85 in 2018). The couple had three daughters, one son, five grandchildren and two great‐grandchildren.
In 2019, he and his brother were 107 and 109 years old respectively, and lived in Santa Maria da Feira, Portugal. Their combined age is an incredible 218 years, 268 days. Alberto and Albano were both born in their family home in Portugal, where they have lived their entire lives.
There was also a history of longevity in his family: his mother died at the age of 96 and his father at the age of 95. One of his nephews (the son of his oldest sister) died at 101 years old, and another one will turn 100 in 2020.
- Facebook Post, 13 March 2018
- Emídio Sousa de visita aos “Avós” do concelho Diário de Aveiro, 15 March 2018
- Oldest brothers with combined age of 216 set new record for living siblings Guinness World Records, 3 June 2019
- Exceptional Siblings: The Andrade Brothers Wiley Online Library, 9 March 2020
- Conheça a incrível vida dos irmãos Andrade Correio da Manhã, 22 November 2020