|Birth:||29 April 1904|
Tuskegee, Alabama, USA
|Death:||8 December 2014|
Birmingham, Alabama, USA
|Age:||110 years, 241 days|
Abbie Grayson (née Simmons; 29 April 1904 – 8 December 2014) was an American supercentenarian whose age is currently pending by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). At time of her death, she was the oldest person in US state of Alabama.
Abbie Grayson was born in Tuskegee, Alabama, USA on 29 April 1904. Her parents were John Simmons, a professor and Emmer Simmons. She had 12 siblings (10 sisters and 2 brothers).
She graduated from Tuskegee Institute (now Tuskegee University) in 1922. She married John Henry Grayson and had five children. Sh was widowed in 1961.
Abbie Grayson died in Birmingham, Alabama, USA on 8 December 2014 at the age of 110 years, 241 days. She is survived by one daughter Earlean Edwards; one son Art Grayson; 28 grandchildren, 70 great-grandchildren and 32 great-great-grandchildren.
- John Grayson Find A Grave
- GRG Pending Cases List
- 109th birthday pdf
- Oldest woman in Alabama and TU alumna dies Tuskegee University, 5 December 2014
- 110-year-old TU alum, Tuskegee native dies The Tuskegee News, 11 December 2014
- This Week In History The Tuskegee News, 10 December 2015
- Abbie Grayson Find A Grave